Friday, March 23, 2012

Terms of Endearment

Well, I think I easily went through an entire tissue box on this one and found my new favorite movie!  This entire time I could not stop thinking about my own relationship with my mother.  The acting in this film was wonderful, with some of my favorite stars such as Jack Nicholson playing the characters.

In this movie, the mother-daughter relationship of two very close women is portrayed.  It starts in the daughters infancy, but quickly forwards to her adulthood, when she marries a man, Flapp, against her mothers better judgement.  They move away and just like her mother had predicted their marriage becomes filled with lies and cheating, but they never do fall out of love.

Back at home, the widowed mother develops an interesting relationship of her own with the feisty astronaut from next-door.  This leads to many laughs and funny parts of the film and also shows how lonely it can be once your children are gone and your spouse as well.

I really do not want to give anything away because I honestly want everyone to really watch this one!  I cried straight through from 30 seconds in all the way to the rolling of the credits.  It's an amazing film, even though I did find myself feeling a bit homesick and calling my mom 'just because' as soon as it was over.

See it!

Coming up next week, we have Out of Africa!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Kirk! I will definitely have to watch this movie, it sounds so sad but so good! Hahah, and sometimes, 'just because' phone calls are the best! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen most the films that you've covered and they are all classics so I'm definitely going to have to watch this one! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete